Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sketch Challenge at Wee Memories


Sketch Challenge
Originally uploaded by judkajudy
I love Jenny's challenges! There's a new one posted every Saturday and this week the challenge is to use a sketch and make a card with any theme. She has an incredible design team and their sample cards are jaw dropping!

The white butterflies were punched out with my new Martha Stewart double edge punch! It punches the top and bottom edge at the same time! There are several styles and of course, I want them all! I stitched the strips of butterlies onto the card. White embossed the Hero Arts butterfly and Hello definition.

It was 66 degrees here today! A beautiful day to be out and about! After my dh finished washing the car, we went shopping. He dropped me off at Michael's and went to the sporting goods store to purchase a new golf club. We stopped by the new JoAnne's to see if they were open yet and learned it will be this Friday! Oh dear, trouble ahead! Next stop was the organic food store that opened recently. What a feast for the eyes!! We practiced great restraint and only purchased what we went there for: a baguette and noodles to go with the vegetable soup I made today.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

11 comments:

Lin said...

Judy, I LOVE this! What a beautiful combination - and I love this lacy butterfly border, too - must look for it at Michael's here next time I'm there.

Dawn T said...

what a stunner Judy. I haven't seen that punch yet, got the lace one on Saturday. You will have to let him get another golf club and you can go to the new stores and spend up large!

Barb said...

I agree with Dawn. I do the same thing with my hubby. . . ."Sure, honey, go ahead and buy some more golf gear!" Then he can't get mad when I buy more crafting goddies! Works every time! hee, hee.
Love this beautiful card, Judy! I've seen that punch in a couple of stores and it's nice to see it in use. . . so pretty! Love the way you've added the stitching and pearls!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very bold color combination, love the red with the white lace and that border is really nice! There are so many new MS punches I want right now, wish they weren't so expensive!

Kelly said...

ooooooooooooh, that's pretty. That MS punch is just gorgeous. Love your color combo too!

donna mikasa said...

This is just stunning, Judy! Love the combination of stamps and paper punched border. Hope to see more butterflies in your future!

Lucille K said...

This is such a lovely card, Judy :)

Erum Tasneem said...

beautiful!

Ann said...

Wowza, this is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful card! That butterfly is stunning, and red is my most favorite color EVER! Thank you so much for playing along with us in Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!