Saturday, July 23, 2011

How I Almost Didn't Buy Any New Stamps!

One of the first stops after arriving in Wisconsin was the Archiver's store in Middleton, Wisconsin (adjacent to Madison, Wisconsin).  I promised myself I would not buy any stamps; just paper pads, Hero Hues, and maybe a few embellishments.  Oh, yes, and white pens!

I enjoyed browsing and gathering, mostly paper pads, Hero Hues paper, a few supplies, white pens and a few specialty papers.  I kept within my $100 budget and was rather pleased.

As I approached the check out with my stampless basket, a saleslady asked me if I had seen the new Inky Antics HoneyPop sets.  Well, it was love at first sight!

>100_3711


100_3712

The set includes a stamp that is the pattern to cut the honeycomb paper (not included, costs extra!).  Since my granddaughter's favorite decorating idea is monkeys, I could not say no!  I also purchased the Turtle set!  I love the surprise inside the card!  Inky Antics also has an elephant and lion set (which I did not buy, thank you very much!)  Needless to say, I was no longer within my budget!

Thankfully, I had checked out before my DH finished his 9 holes of golf!  Ahhh, it is a good thing I have a part time job!! 

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Barb said...

Judy, I love this post! You crack me up! It's the same thing here at home. Hubby golfs, I buy goodies! I even have to try hard to incorporate the new stuff into the old stuff so he doesn't notice. Heaven forbid if he ever asks me how much I spend, but then I guess I could ask him the same thing about golf! That must be why he's never asked. Ha!

Love your cute monkey card! I saw these too but apparently had more will power than you did! Hugs! :)

Judy1223 said...

Oh, that is too funny! You were almost out the door and under budget...and then they GOT you! I can see why you loved that set and had to have it...such a sweet card, inside and out!

Enjoy it...I always remind my DH that I don't get my nails done or have any expensive hobbies like skiing, etc. (Any excuse to be able to buy more goodies!)

donna mikasa said...

Oh, I missed this, Judy! What a fun post! The honeycomb looks so cool--no wonder you went over budget! And I'm sure your granddaughter will appreciate the finished result.

Unknown said...

louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, prada outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp pas cher, longchamp, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, nike air max, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, nike roshe run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, burberry, ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors, nike free, air max, nike outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, nike free, replica watches, ugg boots, nike air max, prada handbags, sac longchamp, uggs on sale, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co

Unknown said...

soccer shoes, vans shoes, louboutin, vans, herve leger, instyler, asics running shoes, hollister, ghd, lululemon, converse, birkin bag, nike roshe, hollister, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, new balance, ray ban, mcm handbags, hollister, nike huarache, insanity workout, celine handbags, nfl jerseys, nike air max, timberland boots, nike air max, chi flat iron, ralph lauren, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, gucci, longchamp, nike trainers, soccer jerseys, converse outlet, oakley, beats by dre, mont blanc, baseball bats, iphone cases, wedding dresses, reebok shoes, p90x workout, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, ferragamo shoes, north face outlet