Sunday, August 26, 2012

Purple Onion Designs

Purple Onion Designs by judkajudy
I always take my checkbook along when I visit Donna Mikasa's blog "Three Umbrellas". She is on the design team for Purple Onion Designs and she works magic with their images!  More often than not, I end up buying the stamps she uses.

Recently, Donna posted on her blog that POD was having a 25% off sale, including their already reduced images! I took advantage of the sale not once, but twice! I'd been eyeing many of their stamps for quite awhile.

I printed the dotted background onto kraft from a Pink Petticoat digi paper set. I love the dots on kraft! I stamped the POD images in Memento brown ink and colored with Copics, using a mixture of reds, yellows and oranges.

Couldn't resist adding the little bird, also from POD, and the sentiment from DeNami Design (which I think was also enabled by Donna!!)

I've been practicing the design lessons published in the latest Paper Craft magazine and shared on the Moxie Fab World blog. I started out thinking about "movement" with this card  and I think I missed the mark!! But I'm loving the colors and the images!

The lessons posted on the MFW blog are more helpful than any I've seen so far! I've ordered the Design issue of Paper Craft so I can continue to learn and practice. I know for some cardmakers, these design principles come naturally; for me, not so much!!

Our trip to Wisconsin was a huge success; we were able to paint five rooms in our son's new home, wash all the windows and screens, set up bedrooms and the kitchen and enjoyed being and working together! Many of the friends who attended the wedding in April in Cabos san Lucas were there helping, too!

Hope you are having a great weekend. Enjoy these last days of summer. For many of us who have listened to the hum (or roar!) of the air conditioner these past 4 or 5 months, fall will be a welcomed relief!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

Welcome home, Judy! Sounds like you not only worked hard in Wisconsin, but enjoyed your time there as well.

LOVE this adorable card! The colors are beautiful with the kraft!

I have that paper crafts issue and it really is their best EVER - I'm learning so much too - but always difficult for me to apply it to a card - *sigh* Glad you're back! :)

donna mikasa said...

Welcome home, Judy! Love your POD card--the colors against kraft look great! And I'm always happy to enable you and your pocketbook. =)

Judy1223 said...

Judy, you are so RIGHT! I have also been eyeing many stamps at Purple Onion Designs because of Donna! So glad you got some stamps during the sale. Your card is super cute...great coloring! (Welcome home from Wisconsin, too!)

Tracey said...

LOVE this card Judy!!! Sweet and pretty :)

Sally said...

What an adorable card, Judy! Love the digi background paper, the heart banner and those wonderful fall colors. Glad you're home and were able to share such a good time with family!

Dawn T said...

What a delightful card. Donna is very inspiring and you are too. Love the dotty background on the kraft card.

Lin said...

I ADORE the colors here, Judy! Love that heart banner - must pull it out again. So glad you're home and back to normal again.

Elizabeth Allan said...

This is outrageously adorable...love it!