Sunday, September 23, 2012

Scrapfest!

100_4732 by judkajudy
This is me in my front row seat at Tim Holtz's class at Scrapfest 2012 held in Minneapolis at the Mall of America one week ago!

I combined Scrapfest with a visit to my daughter who lives in Uptown Minneapolis. I arrived home this past Tuesday and I wasn't back to "normal" until yesterday!! Between Scrapfest and the activities my daughter planned for us I came home ready for a lazy week!

Tim Holtz's class was fantastic!! He sets aside one hour and forty-five minutes to complete the project so there is enough time for learning and practicing new techniques. While the class fee was higher than other classes at Scrapfest, each participant went home with product and souvenirs at least equal to the cost of the class. I am wearing my new Ranger apron in the photo and concentrating very hard on coloring the pre-stamped image with Distress Markers.




And this is the mixed media project we created!!


There were six of us from the Hero Arts Flickr group in this early Saturday morning class. Tim Holtz is fun, engaging and helpful during the class and took the time to pose with each of us wanting a photo. He did, however, turn down my invitation to join us for dinner!!

Now that my energy level (and my sore back) have returned to a more normal state, I will post more about this amazing experience.

Thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

Cathy A said...

So glad you had a wonderful time in Tim's class, he is great! I think it is fantastic that you also got to meet fellow hotties too....wish I could of been there with you all.

Virginia L. said...

Well said, Judy! I know we all had a great time taking the class and it was certainly a JOY to meet you and your sweet daughter Kathy in person! I only wish we had more time crafting together! Hope you are back to routine soon and please do take it easy!

Barb said...

Hi there, Judy! That is such a cute photo of you! It was a fun class and so good to see you and Kathy again! The whole weekend went awfully fast, but we sure had fun, didn't we?! Hugs to you! :)

donna mikasa said...

Saw your project on Flickr and was hoping you wrote up a post about it. I absolutely LOVE it, Judy! You did such a great job and the photo is priceless! Can't wait to see more of your Scrapfest adventure!

Dawn T said...

What a fun project Judy. How awesome to take a Tim class.