Sunday, November 11, 2012

POD Stacey Yakula Designs

POD  Stacey Yakula Designs by judkajudy
I tried, but could not resist, purchasing the entire Sweet Seasons series of Purple Onion Designs' stamps by Stacey Yakula.

The Design Team at POD has created some "to die for" cards that made my mouth water!! Michelle, of POD, has been dealing with the aftermath of Super Storm Sandy, but in the midst of her troubles managed to keep in touch with her customers and finally make it to the post office to ship orders.

I tried coloring Santa with Copics a la Allice Wertz, but realized red is a difficult color to manage. My solution was to paint with distress inks and highlight with Copics.

My plan is to spend some time today playing with the other images in this series. They all make me smile!!

We are enjoying beautiful Fall weather! I hope you have time today to do what makes your heart happy.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Lin said...

You've found your niche, my friend! Love what you did with these adorable stamps, and want to see more!

Barb said...

Hi Judy! I've always said you do cutesy so well! Love that charming Santa image! Wonderful card! :)

donna mikasa said...

You did a great job with Santa! I haven't tried tackling him yet. Enjoy coloring Stacey's designs!

Dawn T said...

Super cute Judy. What a delightful card.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Judy another magnificent example of your coloring skills and fabulous stitching!