Monday, May 6, 2013

The Baby Shower

100_5265 by judkajudy
Well, I am home from my trip to Wisconsin. This is a photo of me with my daughter-in-law Sara (the honoree at the shower) and her Mom Laura.

Laura was the perfect hostess and treated us all to a wonderful lunch as well as providing a beautifully decorated room in which to celebrate. Sara is married to my youngest son Scott and their baby, a girl, is due in late June.

Baby Evelyn Rose was showered with many lovely gifts from friends and family. There will be no shortage of people to love her.

You stampers and crafters would have been as amazed as I was at how talented Sara's Mom is. As gifts to the baby, she made a beautiful stained glass hanging featuring a pink elephant with a silvery background; she also crocheted one of the most beautiful baby afghans I have ever seen. She also hand crafted the table decorations and gift bags for all of us to take home. The room was a delightful place to be with silvery and pink bouquets of helium balloons as table decorations and focal points around the room.  As you might gather, Baby Evelyn's nursery is decorated with a pink and grey theme.

I don't know if you have noticed that this posting so far does not include one exclamation point. While staying with my son and his wife and joined by another son and my daughter, the group visited my blog.

It was pointed out to me (they call it "feedback") that I greatly overuse exclamation points. I tried to explain that I am merely showing passion for what I have to say, as well as some excitement.

I'm not sure I like this new look of just periods at the end of my sentences ... maybe they will tire of checking my blog and I can go back to my favorite punctuation mark.

Aside from the "feedback" I had a wonderful time and have memories to keep me going until we gather again after the baby is born.

Thanks for your visit. I had a wonderful trip but there is no place like home.

11 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

So glad you had a great time with family!

Barb said...

I have always done the same thing with exclamation points, Judy and my son always tells me to remove some of them. Ha! I tell him also that it's just because I'm so excited about what I'm typing. :) But your family is correct - they shouldn't be overused and there are some blogs I follow where people use them even more than I do - like after every single sentence - I've never noticed you doing it that much.

Love that photo of you! <----- yes I'm using an exclamation point because I really DO love that photo of you! Hugs! :)

Lin said...

Such a special time, Judy, so glad you shared it with us. If they think you use lots of exclamation points, you should send them over to visit my blog :)))) I've often thought the same thing, though: anyone reading my blog sometimes would think I'm high on helium or something! Welcome home!

Sally said...

Welcome home, Judy! You were greatly missed! So happy to see the new photo of you and glad you had such a good time with your family and will soon have a new little one to love!

I do hope you'll soon return to using exclamation points - they are such a happy bit of punctuation! Hugs to you!

donna mikasa said...

What a lovely photo, Judy! This month will surely fly by and before you know it, Evelyn Rose will be here. I had to smile when I read about exclamation points. Sometimes I have to go back and reread certain sentences and see if they do indeed warrant an exclamation point. I've been known to edit them down to a period! But I couldn't resist just now.....

Dawn T said...

sounds like a fabulous time with your son and family. I do lots of !!!! too. Great photo of you and your DIL and her Mom.

Anonymous said...

Mom,

In no way were we complaing about your use of !!!!! you can do whatever you wish as we love you and are tickled that you write a blog that people actually read. We were just laughing about it, because it is so you. I love you very much.

Scott

Elizabeth Allan said...

!!!!!!Hello Judy!!!!! I love coming to your blog to read your posts.

Unknown said...

nike roshe, hollister, birkin bag, new balance, timberland boots, jimmy choo shoes, iphone cases, north face outlet, beats by dre, north face outlet, ghd, mont blanc, louboutin, insanity workout, nike air max, hollister, herve leger, instyler, chi flat iron, oakley, asics running shoes, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, abercrombie and fitch, nike air max, converse outlet, ralph lauren, nike huarache, bottega veneta, gucci, mac cosmetics, soccer shoes, vans, p90x workout, nike trainers, lancel, ferragamo shoes, reebok shoes, lululemon, wedding dresses, valentino shoes, hollister, vans shoes, giuseppe zanotti, babyliss, ray ban, mcm handbags, baseball bats, longchamp, nfl jerseys

Unknown said...

sac louis vuitton pas cher, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, replica watches, moncler, canada goose uk, swarovski, links of london, moncler, ugg pas cher, moncler, canada goose, coach outlet, canada goose, supra shoes, moncler outlet, karen millen, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, moncler, moncler, thomas sabo, swarovski crystal, montre pas cher, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, bottes ugg, canada goose outlet, ugg boots uk, hollister, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, moncler, toms shoes, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, marc jacobs, doudoune canada goose, canada goose, canada goose, moncler

Unknown said...

oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, louboutin shoes, longchamp pas cher, nike air max, louboutin, nike outlet, kate spade outlet, air jordan pas cher, christian louboutin outlet, burberry, longchamp outlet, sac longchamp, longchamp, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors, gucci outlet, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, jordan shoes, nike free, replica watches, nike roshe run, louis vuitton, ralph lauren pas cher, air max, uggs on sale, louboutin outlet, ugg boots, tory burch outlet, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses