Saturday, August 24, 2013

Abstract Impressions

Abstract Impressions by judkajudy
 
I've been feeling out of the loop lately ... haven't bought any of the new swish and swirl stamps because I wasn't sure what to do with them.  Well, imagine my surprise to find a trendy stamp set when I went rummaging among the drawers of woodblock Hero Arts stamps that I own!

The swirly patterns stamped in neon inks are from an oldie (2003) wood block set by Hero Arts called Abstract Imprssions Fancy Notes. The bird is also an older Hero Arts stap, Bird With Long Legs.  Imagine, two trend setters in one card: neon inks and swirls!! 

cfc112

 I'm entering this card in the current CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use the color pallet of aqua, green and orange. I read somewhere that "white space" doesn't have to be white!!

Hope your weekend is going well and that you have some fun time to yourself!

10 comments:

Barb said...

How fun to find a really old stamp that is now on trend again! I love those three colors together, Judy, and that bird always puts a smile on my face! Cute card! :)

Sally said...

Such an adorable card, Judy! Wonderful colors together, and I love the inked bird stamped over the swirls with the colors showing through. The long legged bird is one of my favorites, too!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

This is so cute! Love the bg!

Dawn T said...

This certainly is an on trend card Judy, even if you've used "old" stamps. Such a great card.

Penny Ward said...

Every trend comes back around...how fun to find old stamps are back in style. Love the neon with the black...super card. Love it!!!

joy said...

I still have those stamps, too, Judy!! And, I like them just as much as the new ones. Your card is very trendy and way cool, too!

donna mikasa said...

Ha! Aren't you glad you hung on to those retro stamps?? I think I may have a few sketchy ones, too. LOVE how you combined the swirls with neon! Trendy and fun!

Greta said...

Oh what a fun find! This card is absolutely fantastic, too!!

Sylvia Blum said...

Judy, this is not only super sweet, but super adorable, too!
Thank you so much for playing along with us in the CAS-ual Fridays color challenge!
Sylvia xx

Kelly Griglione said...

Yep, love your "white" black space! And what a great discovery to find swiahes in your stash. What is old is new again, right? Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!