Thursday, August 22, 2013

Enjoy Life

Enjoy Life by judkajudy
 
What a great message! Enjoy Life!

The main botanical image is from an older Penny Black transparent set "Enjoy Life", an early favorite of mine.

I just stamped it with yellow ink to coordinate with the strip of patterned paper from Penny Black's Madison 6x6 paper pad. I added the die cut butterly from PB's Creative Die set "flutters". I had punched the butterfly from a white circle, which I colored yellow after removing the butterfly from the negative space. I didn't care much for the card until I added the black dots and the black and white gingham ribbon to coordinate with the black sentiment which says "Embrace Happiness" and is part of the transparent PB set Eloquence.

I enjoyed life and embraced happiness today when my husband came home early from golf to take me to lunch! We overate at the Olive Garden and made a quick stop at the JC Penney store on that side of town.

What a surprise and disappointment!! I went to purchase a new cellular shade for the bathroom and they no longer carry in stock window treatments!! When did that happen? I notice there was no catalog order desk either. Can you tell it's been a while since I shopped at Penney's?

But I will set aside the moment of disappointment and embrace the memory of yummy garlic bread sticks and salad and the meatball donated by my dh from his unending bowl of pasta!!

Hope you find joy and embrace happiness today .. in whatever form it finds you!

4 comments:

Lin said...

Yes, the black really punches up the yellow! Love how it all worked out so nicely!

Your days sounds wonderful. Sorry to hear that Penney's is changing, too, like everything else. They used to be my go-to store for home supplies also.

Dawn T said...

beautifully designed Judy. The yellow and black together are fabulous.

Penny Ward said...

I love the pop of black on your card...it ties everything together so elegantly.
I am so glad the meatball made your day...it's the little things in life!!!
Hugs, Penny

Greta said...

Oh wow--that lightly stamped image is just gorgeous! Love how you put everything together, Judy!