Friday, October 11, 2013

Victorian Homes by Penny Black

100_0234.JPG
 
I love this image of a Victorian home from Penny Black's slapstick/cling set "Victorian Homes" and think it makes a perfect image for Halloween when colored and matted as I have done.  I stamped the image on kraft paper and colored the house with PrismaColor pencils, added a die cut fence and bat, along with leaves and pumpkins.  The stamp was a gift from my blogging friend Donna and the leaves and pumpkins were sent to me by Sally!  I am a lucky girl!  This image lends itself so well to a tall card, just the right size for a #10 envelope. 
 
This will be my last "manual" post for awhile as we leave on Saturday for our trip to Minneapolis, Madison and Milwaukee.  After further review, since our car has been totaled,  it made better economic sense to buy plane tickets and fly to Minneapolis and rent a car there for the rest of our journey, rather than pay for a rental from Alabama and back again.  We have had no communication from our insurance adjuster regarding "fault" and I choose to set it all aside and go forward with our trip, doing what is best for us.
 
Sunday we will attend a cousin's wedding, spend time with friends and family and former co-workers for a couple of days and then the best day yet:  Friday baby Evelyn will spend the day with Grandma and Grandpa instead of going to daycare!!  I have been telling her about the ice cream in the freezer .. it's been our secret!  Evelyn will be 4 months old when we arrive!  Sunday we have the honor of attending her baptism!  And then Monday will be time for us to drive back to Minneapolis and catch a late afternoon flight home.
 
Hope my blog posts publish as scheduled: if not ... see you in two weeks!
 
 


6 comments:

Dawn T said...

delightful card Judy. Enjoy the trip and hope to see some Evelyn photos when you get back.

sheila said...

such an adorable card Judy and a great way to stretch your stamps! I am so sorry to hear about your accident....very scary for you two. I hope your trip to my neck of the woods is delightful and without incident! Enjoy your time with your precious Evelyn!

Barb said...

I'm so excited for you - I know you can't WAIT to see Evelyn! Have a wonderful time, Judy - and please share lots of photos when you get back!!

Love your fun card! That house is awesome and the tall shape is perfect! Hugs and safe travels! ♥

Rosemary said...

hee... this is such a fun card, judy... love your spooky house!

Therese said...

Just a lovely card! It's so fun and Halloween perfect!

Unknown said...

Mother,

You may have mentioned visiting your son, Evelyn's dad. Love you and safe travels.

Scott