Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Build a Snowman by Penny Black

100_5836.jpg by judkajudy
If one snowperson is good, two is better!! When you have Penny Black's Build a Snowman set, there are endless possibilities.
I stamped two snowpeople using a masking technique and embossed with clear embossing powder. I made appropriate hats for each, cut everything out and created a snow scene just for them. I added Joy from Penny Black's creative die set Love and Joy. I sprayed the finished card with Perfect Pearls and sorry to say, the pigment looks a little like smudges in the photo. Love the sheen in real life!
Had a great weekend in Atlanta.  Granddaughter Lauren's Cheer Sport team came in first I their division and topped it off with the Grand Championship for the highest score of the day!  It is amazing to see hundreds of teams and thousands of young girls (and boys) performing their routines with such precision and excitement.  Scary for grandparents to watch, though. 
Christmas is coming!!  It doesn't seem to matter how early I start ... I am always playing catchup at the end! 

4 comments:

Loly Borda said...

so cute Judy! It made me smile! Love the embossed background too. TFS

Rosemary said...

hee!! your card is just way too cute, judy!

Greta said...

Oh I'm so glad I'm not alone playing catch-up! You're right--doesn't matter when you start--how can that be?! What a neat time you had--so glad. This card is totally adorable, Judy! I agree--snow is not pretty when it comes to driving--hubby took me to work & picked me up all weekend even though I had to go to the next town over--worth the gas for him to do the driving!

Dawn T said...

adorable snow people Judy. So glad you granddaughter and her team did well.