Saturday, May 10, 2014

Penny Black Website Wonder Winnder!

 The winner of Penny Black's Website Wonder contest is featured on the Penny Black blog today.

 
 
Congratulations to Swarup Murthy, an amazing watercolor artist who also goes by the name Sanketi.  You can see the full reveal of this card on Penny Black's blog today.  And for more of her amazing work, visit her blog here.

Honestly, I gasped when I saw this beautiful card and was inspired to try my hand at sunflowers and watercolors. 



I used Penny Black's sunflower image from the transparent set Sunny Hello.  I used distress inks and a water brush.  The added leaves are from the Petal Power set, stamped with distress ink.  My style, I noticed, is much more careful and limited than Swarup's confident, flowing, transparent layering of colors!  I did manage to splash a few dots of color from my brush in a burst out of the box!!

My sentiment is a diecut from Penny Black's creative die set Hooray, painted with glossy accents.

Indeed, hooray for this very talented winner!!  Be sure to visit Penny Black's blog for the official announcement!

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

beautifully done Judy. Isn't Sanketi's card just amazing.

Sanketi said...

Thanks for the mention Judy...really generous of you and I loved your card ..just beautiful!